We’re getting much better at feeding Hayden solids consistently. Last night, I opened up a can of mixed veggies and Ryan let Hayden feed himself finger foods. He liked it. He ate about a third of what we gave him.
And I’m discovering my own baby recipes. Maybe this is my food niche 😉 !
Baby Peach Cobbler
- 3 slices of peaches (from a can)
- 1 graham cracker square
- 1/2 Tbsp plain or vanilla yogurt
- Cut peaches into bite sized pieces and/or crush with a fork.
- Place in small bowl or mug. Top with graham cracker.
- Microwave for 10 seconds or less.
- Using feeding spoon, crush graham cracker into warm peaches and mix together. Top with yogurt.
Hayden liked this. He spurned the peaches the day before, but gobbled this right up.
I also made me and Ryan a snack mix yesterday (almonds, pecans & sunflower seeds with dried apricots, cranberries and blueberries; supposedly very good for you. I haven’t eaten any yet). I felt inspired, so I made one for Hayden today:
Baby Snack Mix
- 1/2 c toasted oat cereal (Cheerios, okay?)
- 1 rice cake (I used apple cinnamon; read the ingredients to make sure you don’t give baby anything he shouldn’t have)
- 10 pretzel twists
- 5 graham cracker squares
- 1 1.5 oz box of raisins
- Break pretzels, graham crackers and rice cake into baby-bite-sized pieces.
- If the raisins are large enough to pose a choking hazard, or your baby isn’t very experienced with chewy foods, cut them up or omit them.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Serve with water—it’d be easy to get dried out eating all that!
Maybe I should get to work on my bestselling recipe book today! Or go shoe shopping… Hm….