I’ve been tagged in a charity link meme. I’m supposed to give five charities some link love now.
I have a bit of a dilemma. I only have one charity…
But guys, this one charity is pretty awesome. 100% of donations go to people in need—not to marketing, not to salaries, not to overhead. All labor is volunteer labor. Some of their supplies are even donated. They were one of the first people on the scene after Katrina and one of the last to leave (I’m not even sure they’ve left). They’ve helped after like 150 crises in 150 countries in the last few years.
I’ll go dig up some others…
- LDS Humanitarian Services — donate to charity
- American Red Cross — emergency response
- Wasatch Homeless Health Care Incorporated/4th Street Clinic — health care for the homeless
- Newborns in Need — knitting for preemies
- Habitat for Humanity
Here are Andy’s links:
- American Red Cross – disaster relief
- Raleigh Rescue Mission – homeless raleigh
- SOS Children’s Villages – sponsor a child
- Samaritan’s Purse – emergency relief programs
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital – cancer research
And finally, I get to tag people!