I’ve been tagged for a meme by Shawn at Letters to My Daughters. In this meme, I’m told to share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. New house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to say four things you want to try new in the next four years.
Four New Things
- Marriage: almost three years now. I’m always surprised to remember something from my life before Ryan and be reminded that we haven’t always been together.
- Motherhood: sixteen months and I still don’t have it all worked out. More on that Monday.
- Marketing: just under two years in Internet marketing. It’s weird to get into an industry that you’d never even heard of and get to be the assistant editor of one of the top search marketing blogs in so short a time.
- Mortgage: just under two years (actually about two weeks before I got my first job in search marketing). Sometimes I say I own a house; if you catch me on a quick day I’ll say I own a mortgage.
Four Things to Come
- MBA: No, not for me. I want an advanced degree, but not in that. This has been Ryan’s goal and if it still is, I want our family to work together for that goal.
- More kids. Again, more on that on Monday.
- Maybe move? Depends on our job and family situation.
- More conferences? Right now I want to, but of course that also depends on our family. I’d love it if Ryan and Hayden could come with me to conferences, but I’d feel bad for ditching them all day while I’m in meetings, and I don’t know how Hayden would do with the late night parties. He’s a bed-by-eight kinda kid.
Tag? I have to tag people? Hm… Let’s find someone I’ve never tagged before… I’ll tag Kasie (~the art of life~), Zabs (MommyZabs), MamaZen (The Zen of Motherhood) and CamiKaos. (Note: if you’d rather participate in the one word meme, feel free!)