Today was Hayden’s nine month doctor appointment. Here are his latest vital stats:
- 18 pounds, 4 ounces (15th percentile)
- 29 inches long (75th percentile)
- 46 centimeter head circumference (75th percentile)
So, as the doctor (or was it a nurse?) said, “He’s never been a big guy,” and this time’s no different. He’s long and skinny, and everything seems to be going very well—except for sleeping and eating solids. The doctor gave us some advice, but so far Hayden’s been stubborn (yes, just tonight).
- I did not win the grand prize in the SEM Scholarship Contest. I did tie for second with two judges’ votes which is more than I’d expected! Here’s what one of them said: “Jordan’s is instructive and focused on where SEO techniques can be expanded on to bring long term value by becoming more intimately involved with the design of a site itself.”
- Today at my work meeting, we learned that November is “NaNoWriMo“: National Novel Writing Month. One of the writers challenged the writing team to each churn out a 50,000 word novel in the 20 remaining days in the month. That’s 2500 words a day now. I’ve taken the challenge. I have 281 words so far, including about 25 of a plot sketch. Check my progress. No guarantees, though, since we’re going to be on a trip (not a vacation; moms don’t get those!) to my parents’ for two weeks, we’ll just have to see. I’ll give it a shot. Eesh…
Onward, ever onward, to the next nightwaking we go.