Yeah, I skipped last week. Whoops!
Six Motherly Chores That Really Bug Me
- Diapers: but only when Ryan’s around.
- Keeping Hayden out of stuff like the cat’s food and water, the trash, things I don’t want ruined, etc.
- Laundry. Take a week off and BAM, you’re drowning in it. Oh, wait, that’s true of everything…
- Feeding him solids used to bother me, but it’s not such a big deal anymore (now it takes more effort to feed myself!).
- Taking out his trash or is that diapers again?
- Going out: From gathering up everything we’ll need (though I’ve progressed to keeping his bag almost entirely ready) to struggling with him to get into the car seat (though that’s improved, too, since he switched to a big boy car seat). Despite those improvements, it seems like the smallest trip to the store or the gym is a major production.
Six Motherly Chores That (Surprisingly) I Don’t Mind
- Diapers, especially when I’m the only one around to change them.
- Still nursing at 14 months, though I am beginning to wonder when we’ll eliminate these last two feedings.
- Feeding him solids once we really got into a rhythm with feedings, it’s not that hard.
- Getting up with him at night now that he’s gotten much better about sleeping through the night.
- Cleaning up his toys: he’s not that messy (yet).
- Baths: they’re just so much part of our routine that they’re not a big deal anymore.
Don’t forget! If you’re an RSS subscriber, follow the directions at the end of this message to enter to win Parenting Magazine! The deadline to enter is tomorow.