I use my keys almost every day. Well, okay, every day that I leave the house. I haven’t changed my keys much in the last few years. I hardly notice what’s on my key ring anymore. (So hard to type “key ring” and not “keyword.”)
- Seven keys.
- Car key
- House key
- Bike lock key (never use)
- Key to my old office at work (never use)
- Key to my parents’ house (have used once in the last year)
- Key to the storage unit my sister rented a year ago and closed out last August
- Key to the last apartment I lived in as a single girl (never use; moved in 2004)
- Costume jewelry ring. My grandma used to send us dried fruit. Now she sends us her used costume jewelry. This one has a clear stone surrounded by “gold” petals. I took it because it fits me. When I don’t have pockets or a purse, I can put on the ring to carry my keys.
- Discount cards.
- CVS/pharmacy (I’ve never even seen a CVS in Utah)
- Pewter lightsaber keychain. Very nice. A little personality here.
- Picture of Ryan. I keep a picture of my husband on my keychain — when he was like 5. It’s sticky on the back, so I stuck it on my Maverik card. It’s getting kinda torn up.
Pretty boring. Ryan’s are worse. He doesn’t have a lightsaber keychain. Now what will he ever do if he finds himself confronted by a teeny, tiny Jedi?