twenty-eight twenty-nine awesome entries, I’m happy to say that the July Group Writing Project has gone very well, in spite of my intermittent maintenance as I traveled for my brother-in-law’s wedding (which was lovely!). Without making you wait a moment more, here is the final list of entries:
- No Market For Used Teenagers by Robin
- Thank you Mom! by Michelle Buck
- July MamaBlogga Writing Group – Thanks Mom! by Jennifer Hitchcock
- Thanks Mom! by Mama Zen
- To my mom by Deb
- If She Were Alive Today by Mommy Zabs
- Danke Rot Koph by Kymberlyn
- Will she ever say it? by Lisa
- Thanks, Mom. by Kulia
- Thanks, Mom! by Laura Spencer
- Thanks Mom – Group Writing Project by Amber
- Dear Mother…Thanks Mother! by Corey
- Thank you, mom by Lynnae
- My Mother, My Mentor, My Friend by Jill
- GWP – Thanks mum. by Amanda Regan
- Thank you Mother by Donetta
- I wanted to say thanks by Summer
- Thanks to my Mommy by Southerngirlmusings
- Group Writing Project – July by Jenn
- Blue Denim by bellevelma
- Thanks, Mommy! by Stacey @ Look, Mom, Look!
- Naming the Mother by Daisy
- I’m turning into my mother… by Summer
- I learned by example by Heather Erbe
- Making Memories with Your Kids—Be Crazy, Unpredictable by Karen (Pediascribe)
- There’s Loving and Then There’s Liking by Dawn
- Thank You Mom in Law by Julie
- Right from wrong by Jordan (MamaBlogga)
- Thanks for coming by Kate @ Babylune
- [Late addition] Day late, dollar short by Sara (could I be any later?)
All of these great entries clearly took time and consideration. Read through them and find inspiration from adults and mothers now thanking their own mothers for everything from hair color and blue jeans to looking forward to spending time with them and creating simple memories. I hope you’ll find someone offering thanks for the very thankless thing that you’re struggling with doing for your children now, wondering whether they’ll ever appreciate your efforts. And I hope that they do appreciate your efforts.
Now, feel free to spread the link love by copying the above list (instructions) and posting it to your own blog. Believe me—they all deserve it.
Chosen at random, the winner of our prize, a $30 Amazon.com gift certificate, is <drum roll>…
Thanks, Mommy! by Stacey @ Look, Mom, Look!
Congratulations, Stacey, on not only winning the gift certificate (again, she was chosen at random!) but also on writing a most excellent entry! The gift certificate will be winging its way to you soon!
Still working on your entry? Even though we’ve awarded our prize, we’ll continue to accept, read, link to and comment on submissions through next week.