I’ve been tagged by Salman Siddiqui of CompuWorld to share five reasons why I blog. I did this a month ago at work, but as I think about it, I guess there’s at least one reason that’s different for my personal blogging.
So, five reasons why I blog:
- I want to make a record of my life.
- I want to “suss out” motherhood. I know I can’t do this completely (probably ever), but blogging helps me to compose my thoughts, distill my feelings and try to bring more meaning to my life.
- I want to help myself and other mothers find fulfillment through motherhood. Big reason.
- I like connecting with others (especially mothers). Whether for interviews or just chatting on blog comments or e-mail, I’ve been surprised how many really nice people this blog has brought me into contact with! Totally wasn’t expecting that—strange, I probably should have…
- Obligatory Unusual Reason: I’m a total grammar/spelling/punctuation Nazi. It absolutely drives me crazy to see “it’s” when it should be “its.” If I blog, I get to make sure that that doesn’t happen (as often). (This is the only one I carried over from work.)
Since I already tagged five people in my post at work, I think I’ll just tag anyone who reads this. Feel free to respond in the comments (don’t forget the comments contest this week!) or respond on your own blog and leave a track- or pingback.